• UID590
  • 粉丝0
  • 关注0
  • 发帖数7
阅读:253回复:0

Washington Nationals' CJ Abrams making a strong impression

楼主#
更多 发布于:2024-07-19 17:24

Davey Martinez seemed truly excited by what he saw from 21-year-old shortstop CJ Abrams in the infielder's launching for Washington's Nationals after he was acquired from San Diego in the due date bargain which sent out Juan Soto and Josh Bell to the Padres.  Abrams went 0 for 4 at the plate, and he had a tossing error in the field, however he likewise flaunted his array and made a couple of nice plays in his initial video game up with his brand-new team. " Guy, he's all-in," Martinez said.  "He enjoys to play.  You can see that in him, and like I claimed, he's so young, you understand, but he's delighted to be right here and I'm anticipating seeing him play every day. " After Monday's video game he also stressed the importance of having strong protection behind the Nats' bottles as the club is developing the following affordable group in the nation's resources.  Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports "He catches the sphere and makes plays for us it helps our bottles out a great deal," the fifth-year captain stated.  "And people do not understand, it's concerning a great deal of things, it's truly about maintaining our bottles' pitch count down.  If he can capture-- make the routine plays-- catch spheres like that, obtain us out of huge innings, it's most definitely going to aid our bottles out a great deal. " At home plate, Abrams rose to 0 for 8 prior to he attached for his initial hit, a game-tying, two-out, RBI solitary in the tenth inning of the 7-5 extra innings loss to the Chicago stated it was excellent to see Abrams grab a hit after the left-handed hitting infielder paired up against some hard southpaws in his initial two video games. " Regrettably he's obtaining a bit of-- he's encountering a number of lefties, yet he remains on the round truly well," the Nats' supervisor said, "..  and his swing stays through the zone truly well.  I rejoice he got his initial hit, and a huge one at that.  Now he can kind of relax a bit.  Yet the kid's not terrified.  Kid heads out there and contends, and he had some good swings today.  So I told him, 'It's simply a matter of time before the sphere begins dropping in there for you. ' I stated, 'Maintain fighting, maintain swinging,' and it's good that he came through and obtained a large hit, huge base hit, and an RBI. " The more at-bats he obtains against difficult major league lefties, Martinez said, he'll learn just how to approach them. " [What you reached learn a little bit on those lefties is to type of obtain the round up a little," he stated.  "They're going to throw some sliders, they're mosting likely to attempt to get him to chase.  Get him in the zone.  And when he does that, he's-- like I stated, he's got excellent hand-eye coordination, and he generally places the ball in play, but when the ball is in the strike area, to ensure that's something that he's going to find out in time, yet like I claimed he's got fantastic bat-to-ball skills, and it's enjoyable to see him go up there and contend, because he truly contends, every pitch, he's involved and he's in there.  He came via in a large minute, to ensure that's outstanding https://www.chicagoteamsportsshop.com. " Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports Abrams was prepared out of senior high school in the very first round in 2019 sixth general), as a highly-regarded prospect, and he was an essential piece in the profession package which convinced the Nationals to component with Soto and Bell, and Abrams' new manager stated he sees what all the hype was around. " What I see is reactions for the game," the fifth-year skipper stated.  "That's what I see out of him.  His first transfer to the ball in the infield, his angles, the method he comes close to every at-bat.  That's baseball reactions, that's baseball intelligence, and he's got it, and now it's simply an issue of getting him comfy, and getting him to recognize just the little things, and he's mosting likely to be great. " Perfect example was, he gets a base hit, he did not quit, and he understood what they were attempting to do, he obtained to very first base, and he kept mosting likely to second base, and that was terrific baserunning, and for a 21-year-old to recognize that portion of the game is awesome.  "We obtained an excellent one, and we're going to show him exactly how to play the video game properly, but up until now I enjoy whatever that he's doing. "

https://www.chicagoteamsportsshop.com/Kyle_Hendricks_Jersey-47
游客

返回顶部